What are the best jobs to get at 17?
17 best teen jobs
- Babysitter. Pay: $18/hour (ZipRecruiter) …
- Lifeguard. Pay: $9.47/hour (PayScale) …
- Retail salesperson. Pay: $10.32/hour (PayScale) …
- Tutor. Pay: $17.59/hour (PayScale) …
- Camp counselor. Pay: $10.00/hour (ZipRecruiter) …
- Dog walker. Pay: $13.66/hour (PayScale) …
- Barista. Pay: $10.00/hour (Glassdoor) …
- Restaurant server.
What is good pay for a 17 year old?
Age 16-17 – £4.81 an hour. Age 18-20 – £6.83 an hour. Age 21-22 – £9.18 an hour. Age 23+ – £9.50 an hour (National Living Wage).
Can 17 get a job?
Young workers aged 16 to 17 may not ordinarily work:
more than eight hours a day or 40 hours a week. There is no opt out of this as there is for adults. at night between 10pm and 6am. There are exceptions in certain kinds of employment.
How can I start my job at 17?
Increase your chances of getting hired as a teen by putting your best foot forward and showing employers that you’re responsible.
- Spread the Word Your’e Looking. …
- Check Out Youth Labor Laws. …
- Start Searching Job Ads. …
- Get Help With Applications. …
- Follow Up After Applying. …
- Practice Job Interviewing.
What teen jobs pay the highest?
High-paying jobs for teens
- Landscape laborer. …
- Dog walker. …
- Youth sports referee. …
- Babysitter. …
- Delivery service driver. National average salary: $16.81 per hour. …
- Pet sitter. National average salary: $37,861 per year. …
- Automotive technician. National average salary: $19.55 per hour. …
- Tutor. National average salary: $21.31 per hour.
What age does Walmart hire?
Application requirements vary depending on the career area you are viewing. As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart and 18 at Sam’s Club.
What age does Best Buy hire at?
Job Opportunities at Best Buy
The retail chain hires applicants with a high school diploma and knowledge of the latest trends in technology and electronics. Store-level jobs vary with Best Buy. All candidates must be 16 years or older and be ready to learn new and exciting things.
What is a good first job?
Many young people start out with informal jobs like babysitting, pet sitting, mowing lawns, or shoveling snow. The best way to find a job like this is to check with your friends, family, and neighbors. You may also be able to advertise your services on local social media sites and groups.
What is the highest paying job in the world?
Average Salary: $381,500
The highest paying career in the world is a Neurosurgeon.
Is it good to have a job at 17?
Jobs help kids develop a sense of responsibility. Jobs help kids develop a greater sense of self. Teens that work a reasonable amount of hours—less than 15 hours a week—get better grades than teens who don’t work. Jobs help kids learn to manage money and understand personal finance.
Can I get a full time job at 17 instead of college?
Some teenagers wonder if it is okay to leave school or college with the intention of working on a job full-time. In reality, it is not legal to get a full-time job before a student hits the school leaving age. However, this does not mean young people cannot work on a part-time job if they really want to.
Can a 17 year old work in a care home?
Is there a minimum age to work in social care? Government regulations only allow people over the age of 18 to deliver personal intimate care (mostly personal hygiene tasks). People under the age of 16 can do the work supervised but it does mean that a 16-year-old’s work opportunities are limited.
What is the easiest job to get at 17?
20 of the best jobs for teens
- Fast food attendant. National average salary: $9.29 per hour. …
- Car wash attendant. National average salary: $10.17 per hour. …
- Kennel assistant. National average salary: $10.54 per hour. …
- Grocery store cashier. …
- Daycare assistant. …
- Concession stand worker. …
- Restaurant server. …
- Restaurant host/hostess.
Can you work at Amazon if you are 17?
No, the required age to work at Amazon is 18. Amazon requires a completed High School degree or GED. There is a temp agency that has lower standards that fills many of the Amazon positions. Its called Integrity Staffing.
How can a teen get a job fast?
How to Get a Job As a Teen
- 1 Search online for job openings.
- 2 Pick work that lines up with what you like to do.
- 3 Get a work permit if necessary.
- 4 Ask adults for references.
- 5 Network with adults to find job possibilities.
- 6 Create a basic résumé.
- 7 Fill out applications for jobs you’re interested in.
Does Amazon hire 16 year olds?
2 answers. No. 18 is the minimum age.
How much does target pay an hour?
Target led the retail industry by announcing in 2017 that it would raise its starting wage to $15 per hour, hitting the milestone nearly two years ago. The company is now taking its next meaningful step by setting a new starting wage range from $15 to $24.
How much do Walmart pay?
What age does chick fil a hire?
Chick-fil-A typically hires teenagers 16 and older to serve their well-loved chicken to patrons. However, some states let younger applicants work a limited number of hours with a permit. Locations in these places may employ workers aged 14 or 15 as well.
What age can you work at Target?
To apply for hourly positions at Target stores and our Distribution Centers: You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Target store job. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Target Distribution Center job. You must be able to provide proof of legal aurthorization to work in the United States.
What age does Home Depot hire?
You can start working at Home Depot once you turn 16 years old. But to work customer service you must be 18.
What age does Shoe Carnival hire?
In our Stores in the United States, the minimum age requirements 16 Years of age or older.
How old do you have to work at Gamestop?
Could I work at gamestop at the age 14? No you must be 18 years old.
How old do you have to be to work at Michaels?
Minimum Age to Work at Michaels: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Michaels?) Printable Application: Yes. Print Michaels application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
How do I get my first real job?
How to get your first job
- Set your expectations.
- Network with peers.
- Consider a job for the experience.
- Write a resume.
- Search for a job.
- Prepare for the interview.
- Dress appropriately.
- Follow up after the interview.
What is the easiest job to get?
What is a good first job with no experience?
Best jobs to apply for with no experience
- Administrative assistant.
- Pharmacy technician.
- Claims adjuster.
- Sales representative.
- Web developer.
- Information technology technician.
- Real estate agent.
What are the lowest paying jobs?
25 of the Lowest Paying Jobs
- Cooks. Cooks work in institutions ranging from cafeterias to fast-food chains to high-end restaurants. …
- Shampooers. …
- Fast-Food and Counter Workers. …
- Dishwashers. …
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants. …
- Cashiers. …
- Pressers of Textiles, Garments, and Related Materials. …
- Gambling Dealers.
How much do garbage men make?
Garbage Collectors made a median salary of $39,100 in 2020. The best-paid 25 percent made $51,530 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $30,180.
What is an easy job that pays a lot of money?
1. House Sitter. If you’re looking for easy high paying jobs, don’t discount house sitter. Your main responsibility is simply to be present, ensuring a home doesn’t sit empty.